RSS

Error with TFS2012,Sharepoint 2010 and remote Analysis Services on SQL2008r2

21 Dec

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Query execution failed for dataset ‘dsArea’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

Above stated error pops up when we getting reports from report server: it could be caused by many authentication or Instance service types.

If you are trying to get Team Foundation Server 2010 to run with MS SQL Server 2012 Analysis and Reporting services, forget it 😦 i tried didn’t get it to work no matter what.

01 "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServices, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies"

AnalysisServices_TFS-640x502I first thought it had to do with the “Client Tools Connectivity” of SQL Server which are required on the TFS application Tier.

After some digging I finally realized, that I missed the obvious.

The SQL2010 assembly has a different version!!!

01 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServices, Version=11.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

So it will never work with SQL2012 connectivity tools at least until now with TFS SP1.

Update:

If you install SQL Server 2008R2 Client Tools Connectivity on TFS Application Tier and SQL Server 2012 Client Tools Connectivity (Backwards Compatibility) on the SQL 2012 server it seems to work!
Unfortunately I still have to solve the annoying TF255186 Error with Reporting Services on SQL2012…

Update 2:

Solved!!! Finally solved the last issue by naming the Reporting Services ReportManager URL and WebServices URL by following schema:

http://&lt;ReportServer>/Reports_<InstanceName>
http://&lt;ReportServer>/ReportServer_<InstanceName>

This of course won’t be necessary when your reporting server runs on the default instance of SQL.
Thank you MS for not pointing out that this seems to be a requirement…

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552341.aspx

Update 3:

After the installation, I realized, that although everything was setup fine and all databases per created, I still had no access to the reports

Reporting Services answered with

01 An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
02 Query execution failed for dataset 'dsArea'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
03 For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

If you look into the SSRS logfile located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS11.<your instance name>\Reporting Services\LogFiles

I found the error

01 TF221122: An error occurred running job Incremental Analysis Database Sync for team project collection or Team Foundation server TEAM FOUNDATION.

And

01 Errors in the back-end database access module. The provider 'SQLNCLI10.1' is not registered.

As SQL Server 2012 has the SQL Native Client 11.1 (SQLNCLI11.1) I tried to edit the analysis services datasource to use that provider instead. Unfortunately also that didn’t work.

So I installed the the SQLNCLI10.1 which can be downloaded here also on the DATATIER

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=188401&clcid=0×409

pocessed the cube again on the APPTIER by calling the webservice

 http://localhost:8080/tfs/TeamFoundation/Administration/v3.0/WarehouseControlService.asmx?op=ProcessAnalysisDatabase

with the Processing Type: Full

After a while I checked the status of the warehouse by invoking the webservice

http://localhost:8080/tfs/TeamFoundation/Administration/v3.0/WarehouseControlService.asmx?op=GetProcessingStatus

The error about the wrong provider was gone, but now I have the error

01 OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.; 08001; Client unable to establish connection; 08001; Encryption not supported on the client.; 08001.

Stay posted… 😉

Update 4:

Solved!

you have to check out the permissions of xp_cmdshell in SQL Server Books Online. and enable it if its disabled. by executing following Query in Sql server.

---- To allow advanced options to be changed.

EXEC sp_configure ‘show advanced options’, 1

GO

—- To update the currently configured value for advanced options.

RECONFIGURE

GO

—- To enable the feature.

EXEC sp_configure ‘xp_cmdshell’, 1

GO

—- To update the currently configured value for this feature.

RECONFIGURE

GO

restart the services and done. all reports do not report any dsArea’. (rsErrorExecutingCommand) error.

Enjoy 🙂

Advertisements
 
Leave a comment

Posted by on December 21, 2012 in MSSQL, Tips

 

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: